Competition:Closed for the 2020-2021 year that is academic
Whom applies: Canadian organizations
NOTE : Only Canadian organizations can submit applications with respect to prospects. They could elect to set their particular interior due date to receive documentation that is supporting.
Description: The appearing Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships offer pupils from Latin America therefore the Caribbean with short-term change opportunities for research or research, in Canada, during the university, undergraduate and levels that are graduate.
- Value and length
- Key times
The Emerging Leaders when you look at the Americas Program (ELAP) scholarships are facilitated through institutional collaborations and student change agreements between Canadian and Latin American or Caribbean organizations. These agreements are made between universities, technical or institutions that are vocational universities. Pupils, hereby known as “candidates”, should be registered as full-time pupils inside their house organization during the time of application and through the whole length of these research or research stay static in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary institutions
Canadian organizations are:
- in charge of publishing applications with respect to qualified prospects from organizations in Latin America plus the Caribbean; and
- motivated to advertise this scholarship possibility to faculty and staff people, in addition to to partner organizations in Latin America therefore the Caribbean.
Canadian organizations with effective prospects:
- should determine a person that is single for the management associated with share agreement and someone else with delegated signing authority; and
- will get share financing from worldwide Affairs Canada to disburse as scholarships to recipients.
Applicants thinking about this scholarship program should contact their property organization to:
- make their interest understood;
- determine if there clearly was a current collaboration that is institutional trade contract by having a Canadian organization; and
- demand details about the application form procedure and selection requirements particular towards the institution that is canadian offer any extra information, such as for instance transcripts, language test outcomes, a study task and an enrollment kind for the trade system.
Chosen prospects ought to:
- make certain that they match the needs associated with the Canadian organization including scholastic needs and language proficiency;
- submit their visa application as soon as possible and stick to the procedures of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada as reported by the Canadian organization (generally speaking a report license is necessary for program work and a work license is needed for research);
- initiate the process for the transfer of credits with their house organization just as their courses that are canadian been identified; and
- contact alumni of this system through their house organization for advice and a regional viewpoint on the scholarship experience.
NOTE: Students are anticipated to go back to finish their studies at their property organizations upon conclusion associated with the scholarship period.
Non-Canadian institutions ought to:
- keep in touch with partner organizations in Canada to ensure or explore institutional collaborations and pupil trade agreements;
- market this scholarship possibility through their worldwide workplaces;
- recognize strong academic applicants whom meet the admission needs when it comes to Canadian partner organization;
- offer the prospects’ papers to the partner that is canadian, that is accountable for submitting the scholarship applications; and
- propose to selected candidates to achieve extra www.adultfriendfinder.com linguistic training, academic upgrading and cultural preparedness before their departure.
Scholarship duration and value
Funding for ELAP scholarships is created available by worldwide Affairs Canada through its title that is legal Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD).
The Canadian organization will get financing from DFATD for many effective prospects by means of a contribution contract and you will be accountable for supplying the funds to scholarship recipients.
The scholarship value differs with regards to the level and duration of research. The scholarship value for pupils is:
- CAD 7,200 for university, undergraduate or graduate pupils (Master’s and PhD) for at the least four months or one term that is academic of or research; or
- CAD 9,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a time period of five to 6 months of research or study.
The canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per scholarship recipient to assist with administrative costs once the scholarship recipient arrives in Canada in addition to the funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD.
Canadian organizations will disburse scholarship funds to your scholarship receiver to play a role in the costs that are following
- visa and/or study/work license charges;
- airfare, for the scholarship receiver just, to Canada by the many direct and route that is economical return airfare upon conclusion associated with the scholarship;
- medical health insurance;
- bills, such as for example accommodation, resources and meals;
- ground public transportation, including a transportation that is public; and
- publications and materials necessary for the recipientвЂ™s study or research, excluding computer systems along with other equipment.
Re Payment procedure
Subject to the conditions and terms regarding the Contribution Agreement, financing should be disbursed with a cheque given to your institution that is canadian getting the next papers:
- the Contribution Agreement finalized by both the designated authority during the institution that is canadian the designated authority at DFATD; and
- a cashflow Statement submitted because of the institution that is canadian coincide utilizing the arrival associated with scholarship recipients to Canada.